The Aesthetic Expression of Music Research
Location: Inter Arts Center, Malmö
Even though the artistic doctoral degree in Sweden has not reached the age of ten years, research in music through artistic and aesthetic expression has been around much longer. Historically we find many examples of artists that have approached their practice with a research attitude, as well as sound and music researchers working in close contact with aesthetic practices.
The seminar provides examples of research practices in and through music and related art forms, where practical and aesthetic forms are part of the intellectual process.
Among other, we encourage presenters and participants to discuss
- how the results of the presented research can contribute to the present and future research field(s) of musical practices
- how future artists and researchers can benefit from the field in general
- how artistic research results can and should be disseminated
- how artistic research projects may better position themselves against, and/or build on one another
- and finally, what possibilities can be found in collaborative research between various disciplines - what should we aim at and what direction should such initiatives take?
Michael Edward Edgerton
Sanne Krogh Groth
Sanne Krogh Groth & Henrik Frisk
Sound Environment Centre, Lund University & The Royal Swedish Academy of Music
Deadline: 22nd of October 2019
coordinator [at] lmc [dot] lu [dot] se (subject: Registration%20to%20seminar%3A%20The%20aesthetic%20expression%20of%20music%20research)